Hazel’s Logistics is a growing freight brokerage company, backed by an asset-based carrier that is recognized as an established leader in the expedited freight industry. Hazel's has a long and impressive track record of serving the transportation needs of thousands of customers ranging from small local companies to Fortune 100 companies. We work with manufacturing companies, public utilities, parts suppliers, and everything in between.
Our deep industry knowledge and advanced technology, combined with our nationwide transportation network, allow us to efficiently solve even the most difficult logistical challenges and manage customers’ daily shipping needs. From full truckloads through hot shots and LTL, Hazel’s Logistics specializes in providing expedited ground transportation. We also offer air freight services and air charters when ground transport isn’t fast enough for time-critical deliveries. No matter the mode of transport, Hazel’s exceptional service and reliability back up every shipment.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a sales capacity in the freight industry. Compensation includes Salary, Commission and participation in our Spiff Program. We are willing to compensate you for any business you bring with you upon hire.
The primary responsibility of the Account Manager is to open new accounts and to nurture and deepen relationships with existing accounts. The Account Manager will develop, maintain and manage a sales pipeline by engaging with clients via phone and email, with occasional in-person visits. The National Account Manager will be responsible for driving new account growth via prospecting, sourcing and account penetration while effectively utilizing our customer relationship management software. The National Account Manager will be responsible for consistently hunting for and bringing on new customers by offering a variety of brokerage services and solutions. From time to time, this position may require in-person visits to prospective new accounts, but most sales activity will be via phone and email with extensive cold calling required. Leads will be provided, but the Account Manager is also expected to generate their own list of prospective new accounts and may also leverage an extensive database of dormant accounts and pickup/delivery locations already familiar with Hazel’s. Hazel’s provides a wide-variety of brokerage services for you to pitch to customers.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, W2 employee position. Compensation consists of a base salary plus commission and spiff compensation programs. Compensation will be consistent with industry norms. Exact compensation will depend on the experience of the candidate.
In addition to compensation, employee will receive access to Company Benefits including:
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- 401k Plan (with eligible company matches)
- Medical Insurance (cost shared between employer and employee)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Disability (company paid)
- Dental Insurance (employee paid)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Cancer Insurance (employee paid)
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job RequirementsResponsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Have a hunter mentality oriented towards opening new accounts.
· Prospect, Source, Develop, and manage new client relationships.
· Maintain, nurture, and penetrate new accounts to drive business growth.
· Hit daily outreach quota by communicating with new, dormant and potential customers via email and phone along with occasional in-person visits.
· Get past gatekeepers and establish relationships with decision makers at shippers and managed freight or third party logistics providers.
· Efficiently utilize our customer relationship management software for prospecting and pipeline management.
· Help customers meet their daily shipping needs by identifying and providing logistics solutions.
· Create internal relationships within the Logistics department.
· Contact prospective customers via phone and email to introduce Hazel’s services and brokerage solutions.
· Consistent and persistent follow up with prospects until the sale is closed.
· Generate potential leads via internet research and third party lead services.
· Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports.
· Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
· Recommend changes in products, service, policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
· Work with Logistics Managers when necessary to resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
· Work with Logistics Managers on quotes and opportunities; Work with VP of Logistics on high-level opportunities and RFP’s.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Provide historical records and maintain records on area and customer sales.
· Additional responsibilities as determined by Hazel’s management.
Summary of Experience and Education:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years of inside sales or customer service experience preferred
- Logistics industry-related experience preferred
· Strong work ethic.
· Driven and competitive nature.
· Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
· Dependable and reliable.
· Ethical conduct.
· Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Understands the importance of self-motivation, time-management, and organizational skills.
· Ability to cold call with positive and persistent style.
· Motivated to reach and exceed quotas.
· Ability to remain resilient in a competitive environment.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Quick learner.
· Work independently and as a part of a team.
· Proficiency with MS Office suite and other software applications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.