Hazel’s Logistics is a growing freight brokerage company, backed by an asset-based carrier that is recognized as an established leader in the expedited freight industry. Hazel's has a long and impressive track record of serving the transportation needs of thousands of customers ranging from small local companies to Fortune 100 companies. We work with manufacturing companies, public utilities, parts suppliers, and everything in between.
Our deep industry knowledge and advanced technology, combined with our nationwide transportation network, allow us to efficiently solve even the most difficult logistical challenges and manage customers’ daily shipping needs. From full truckloads through hot shots and LTL, Hazel’s Logistics specializes in providing expedited ground transportation. We also offer air freight services and air charters when ground transport isn’t fast enough for time-critical deliveries. No matter the mode of transport, Hazel’s exceptional service and reliability back up every shipment.
As a key member of the Logistics team, the Logistics Manager works with customers and carriers to ensure our customers’ daily shipping needs are handled successfully. This role combines account management, supply chain planning and operational activities to meet the logistics and brokerage needs of our customers. The Logistics Manager will nurture customer relationships and is responsible for quoting shipments from customers. The Logistics Manager also works directly with carriers to find trucks and negotiate pricing to cover shipments. The Logistics Manager will handle a variety of day-to-day operational activities to ensure quotes are won and shipments flow seamlessly through the system from pickup through delivery and invoicing.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, W2 employee position. Compensation consists of a base salary plus commission and spiff compensation programs. Compensation will be consistent with industry norms. Exact compensation will depend on the experience of the candidate.
In addition to compensation, employee will receive access to Company Benefits including:
· 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (eligible after 6 months of employment)
· 401k Plan (with eligible company matches)
· Medical Insurance (cost shared between employer and employee)
· Life Insurance (company paid)
· Disability (company paid)
· Dental Insurance (employee paid)
· Vision Insurance (employee paid)
· Cancer Insurance (employee paid)
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job RequirementsResponsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Nurture existing relationships with customers
· Establish, develop, maintain, nurture and grow relationships with carriers in the truckload and expedited marketplaces to grow business and ensure continued operational improvements.
· Provide timely and accurate quotes to customers as requested and determine the company’s margin and profitability.
· Follow up on and close quotes to increase overall business.
· Utilize transportation management software to manage daily operations and load management tasks.
· Schedule, execute and oversee an array of transportation brokerage services in accordance with legal and customer requirements, including cargo characteristics, service options and requirements, transit time and loading and offloading requirements.
· Maintain constant contact with carriers to secure capacity and manage shipments.
· Coordinate and negotiate rates and capacity commitments on a transactional basis.
· Assist team members with daily management of shared operational inboxes and phone lines. Manage incoming client calls and emails professionally and efficiently.
· Process customer orders in an accurate and timely manner.
· Track all booked shipments, alerting clients to transit updates and delays.
· Manage the carrier network to ensure operational excellence and quality service.
· Utilize data-driven resources to make informed quoting and pricing decisions.
· Ensure shipments are ready for invoicing with all required documentation and that customer and carrier rates match expected rates.
· Troubleshoot any invoicing, receivables or payables questions or issues.
· Provide exceptional support, service and problem solving to customers and carriers including issue resolution, shipment communication and management, intermediary functions and more.
· In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible.
· Additional responsibilities as determined by Hazel’s management.
Summary of Experience and Education:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Associates and/or Bachelor Degree preferred
- Brokerage and/or industry experience strongly preferred
· Strong work ethic.
· Driven and competitive nature.
· Business-minded, with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
· Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
· Dependable and reliable.
· Ethical conduct.
· Strong problem solving/analysis and decision-making skills.
· Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
· Strategic thinking.
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
· Understands the importance of self-motivation, time-management, and organizational skills.
· Solid computer and technology skills. Proficiency with MS Office suite and other software applications.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Quick learner.
· Work independently and as a part of a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.